Life, Church, Family, Technology, and the occasional “et al”
Random header image... Refresh for more!

"Subject: Pastor Removal from Television"

Read the below all the way through, please…

Pastor Removal from Television
Removal of Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, Charles Stanley, David Jeremiah and
other pastors from the airwaves.

An organization has been granted a Federal Hearing on the same subject

I received this email about “the FCC rumor” on a day when I was already on edge.  It contained a long list of folks who “signed” the bottom and forwarded.  My response (below) was a bit pointed, but I wanted to put it here as a warning to those who would consider forwarding me such things:

Please check the Focus on the Family site at http://www.citizenlink.org/CLFeatures/A000000320.cfm

or the FCC site at http://www.fcc.gov/mb/enf/forms/rm-2493.html

or check http://TruthorFiction.com  or http://www.snopes.com  for clarification on this or other rumors

What I and many others see below is a list of about 750 well intentioned people who pass on rumors without checking them out – adding unnecessary load to the email servers that I support, and showing people outside the Church that Truth isn’t as important as we claim it to be.

-Mark

PS: Yes, I had previously sent the forwarder to snopes.com, so it’s not like they weren’t warned.

25 comments

1 Lora Baker { 11.05.08 at 3:38 pm }

Yeah I received this HOAX email today and it really just makes me wonder how people could buy into such ignorance. The FCC removing everything Christian from television and radio like it’s some kind of biblical prophecy? Come on people. The Constitution of the United States of America provides us with free speech, even evangelical leaders. Some “group” with some “petition” isn’t going to change that.
- Lora, Georgia

2 Anonymous { 11.05.08 at 11:13 pm }

I don’t know if this is a hoax or not but the president elect that you may have just voted for says that “The Constitution of the United States of America is fundamentaly flawed”!!! Our civil liberties are in grave danger. I suggest you do a little research and wake up Lora.
-Concerned

3 David Ma { 11.09.08 at 12:17 am }

I was skeptical first, but I thought with the kind of weird development going on in this country, anything can happen.
I firmly believe the Anti-Christ will launch things like this sort to discredit and shatter our FAITH. If we do not defend Proposition 8, we lose the fundamental basis for our faith. The extreme liberalist, the anti-christ group, the pagans all point to one confirmed fact that our God is wrong for creating one man and one woman. We signed it just in case it is true. but I do have my doubt.

4 Derek { 11.10.08 at 12:57 pm }

The pagans?? The anti-christ?? Wow. isn’t that just a bit of over-reacting?

I am sorry, but I’m more afraid of religious radicals, who by the way have been responsible for some pretty treacherous acts in this world. It’s those people who do harm to others, but are sick enough to blame God for their actions.

5 Priss { 11.11.08 at 11:00 am }

Thanks for setting the record straight. It really helps concerned citizens like myself to know where to turn for accuracy on these important matters. I was happy to check out some of the suggested links that gave information to this rumor. There are a lot of well intended people out in cyberspace, but it is imperative that we continue to be well informed on all issues.

6 John { 11.17.08 at 4:47 pm }

dont be so sure; there is a movement called the Freedom of Expression; active in Congress. Basically, it would force conservative talk shows to allow liberals “equal” time on their shows because the liberal talk shows like Air Amrica failed in listeners and sponsers. this would basically be the same thing as mentioned in the petition

7 Michael { 11.18.08 at 11:21 pm }

John could you be more specific I’ve searched but have not been able to find anything on this legislation you say is active in Congress…. maybe just more hoaxes “showing people outside the Church that Truth isn’t as important as we claim it to be.”

8 dave { 11.19.08 at 6:54 am }

John’s right mike. it’s called the “fairness doctrine”. it was shot down before by a conservative congress. but with pelosi, reed, and obama(three definate liberals)leading the way, we can expect it will resurface, along with legislating from the bench, and the other things that will work quite well to stifle belief in God and Christ, and absolute truth(although many leaders of our “universities” have been eroding “absolute truth” for years.

9 Candy { 11.19.08 at 8:51 am }

First, let me say thank you for putting the truth out there and making it so easy to find. I know that my friend who forwarded this e-mail has a wonderful heart and would never mean anyone any harm. However, we do all need to take the time to look into things before we spread unfounded rumors and fear. Besides, common sense should kick in with e-mails like this and tell you that no petition is worth anything to the legal system without signatures. Plain names will not get legislation anywhere. For all anyone knows, they could be 1000 made up names; there likely are on this chain letter e-mail.

10 Wade Hawkins { 11.27.08 at 6:30 pm }

I was thinking it was probably a hoax, but not sure. I do find many Americans have a very screwed up sense of fairness and believe in constitutional rights only for those who think like them. I now many non christians and pretty much all of them don’t believe Christians have the same constitutional rights and would totally agree with something like this rumor. People are that screwed up in America. Double standards are often considered acceptable as long as it’s not hurting your own kind. We need serious lessons in Fairness 101.

11 Jonathan { 11.29.08 at 11:26 am }

All I have to say is, everyone, including Christians, need to seek the truth instead of blindly accepting everything that they read – ESPECIALLY from the internet. Don’t be complacent, but that goes both ways!!

http://www.snopes.com is a great way to validate things that fly around the internet. Consider that most of what you see in emails and many websites is likely fake. Use common sense and don’t believe everything you hear!

Just my two cents.

12 Uli { 11.30.08 at 1:18 pm }

My chain email requested an email response once the list reached 1,000. Respond to electricyello@hotmail.com. Too much!

So the “chain” email is sent to a group of individuals – asking each of us to add our name to the bottom of the list. Too funny. So even if I was number 751, every other person will place their name in the same spot when they open the bulk mail. As mentioned earlier, signatures hold more water than a long list of printed names. Someone could have easily pulled out a phone book and typed in random names. Most importantly, validate the emails content first! I am sure there are many individuals with “good intentions” by forwarding, but these people are the ones who need to research first.

13 ClaudeA { 12.04.08 at 9:18 pm }

To those who mock these petition chain mails; Are you certain to the death that everything YOU say in e-mails online is validated fact? Do you check out all things “Internet” before believing all about any given subject, article, or website?

In fact, do You believe that the Bible translation YOU rely on is faithful to the original in intent, word, degree, and translation?

Yes, religious people – including “Christians,” really do not check out the verified facts B4 they blindly spout of their learned versions of “facts” !!!

The Bible, IN FACT, has horrendous error added and subtracted from the still extant original, faithfully kept by those entrusted by Creator to keep HIS WORD precise and full as HE Gave it to Original recorders, for US, TODAY.

So, can YOU tell ME that you STUDY the Exact Word of Creator’s Own Hebrew Scripture, or even verified translations true to the Original?

OR, do you strive your hardest to study and understand a Bible version someone recommended on some obscure merrit, that really is a warped and twisted version of a false-believer’s religious disorder?

Be very careful when you say what comes to Your mind in response to this last question. You will be held accountable for how you answer.

is it not interesting how the Internet allows twisted, lying men and women to say anything at will, and for just as silly and evil-minded folk to pick up on those trashy ideas and form unverified “Facts” about the subject?

Even false science – the religious left – that state “Evolution” is reality, not Creation, base their twisted reality on unverified “evidences”!

The “susan” monkey-transition-to-human skull was derived from a tiny piece of skull fragment, where the “Whole” skull was then fabricated out of modeling clay to form the pre-determined look of a transition skull!

Science?

BAH!

It cannot be conceived by rational mind that the FCC Petition of this article would have been sent by well-meaning people! Only those who have little regard for verified fact would care so little that they’d send this drivel to anyone, let alone their so-called friends!

People, We the People have LOST – YES, L-O-S-T our country. The Church is DEAD. The Witness of Truth Died with the modern church entertainment show, called Sunday Worship!

You can just kiss your church bye, and call it a life, since there is no more mandate in government, Your church, or in any school for reverence for the Creator of Mankind.

The END is nigh, accept it, don’t deny you’re in it!

What else is there to say?

14 Travis { 02.20.09 at 11:57 pm }

Hey John!!! that movement called the Freedom of Expression—-you know what that is……look it up once… it is what protects the right to religious speach…..it is also know as the “freedom of speech” it is in the constitution Here is an idea….GOOGLE IT before you try to look like you know what your talking about and make an idiot out of yourself

15 Travis { 02.21.09 at 12:00 am }

Dave,
You are wrong too
here look this up

16 Cris { 04.07.09 at 3:07 pm }

Hey Travis,

Dave isn’t wrong! It is not called the fairness doctrine but it is called the Durbin Amendment which is a revisited form of the fairness doctrine.

Liberals cry freedom of speech but conservatives are the one who actually protect that right.

Liberals are terrible and boring at talk radio so they are trying to find a way to shutdown the conservative voice that is causing people to take a look at who the liberal government really is!

Look up the Durbin Amendment and y0u will see that what Dave was implying was right!

17 Cris { 04.07.09 at 3:11 pm }

Hey Travis,

What you’re not understanding is that if legislature like the Durbin Amendment passes it will be a beginning to censor anything they wish to. We have a liberal majority so all they need to do is propose what they want to and it will have a good chance of passing. That’s abuse of power and that’s scary but it seems to be what you are favoring! Wake up and educate yourself before you are silenced by the government!

18 Robby K { 04.28.09 at 4:32 pm }

Take nothing for granted. The enemy is always at work to take away our rights. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary, the devil, is as a roaring lion, walking about, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

19 Winter { 05.01.09 at 10:56 am }
20 Jennifer Bergara { 07.21.09 at 9:33 pm }

if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, pray & seek My face & turn from wicked ways then I will hear from heaven, & will forgive their sin & heal their land 2chronicles 7:14

21 Juan A Bergara Jr. { 07.21.09 at 9:42 pm }

22 Anthony Salinas { 07.21.09 at 9:49 pm }

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. PSALM 91:1

23 Alycia Romero { 07.21.09 at 9:53 pm }

I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. PSALM 16:8

24 Juan A Bergara Jr. { 07.21.09 at 9:56 pm }

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John3:17

25 TruthSeeker { 07.23.09 at 6:07 am }

You talk about researching to find the truth…The truth is several of the sites you go to tell lies instead of the truth, so you end up confident when your telling the lie to others. Example…A lot of you still go to snopes.com to research the truth when the fact of the matter is everything you read there when it comes to politics is very bias. It has been proven that they lie to further their agenda when it comes to political matters. The owners of this website are very liberal democrats to the core, so when you search for the truth you really need a reliable source, and as far as I am concerned, there are very few left.